This blog post has been sponsored by Macy’s NY Collection.
I hadn’t heard about Macy’s NY Collection until recently, but I’m so glad I did.
I fell in love with these paisley and animal print pants because of the pattern, but also the fabric and the wide waistband. They’re really stretchy and comfortable. Best of all, the look is perfectly on trend for the upcoming Fall season. Anyone who knows me can tell you I love a loud, standout pattern and this is definitely that!
If you’re looking for an easy to wear plus size fashion forward look at a great price, visit Macys.com and check out their NY Collection!
This post is in collaboration with Dubli.
Hey babes! I’m back with another post about Macy’s exclusive #TommyHilfiger Plus collection. This time, I’m rocking an adorable blue and white collared shirt dress (originally $100, but currently on sale for $60).
I recently wore this ensemble to brunch in Dumbo, Brooklyn during my trip to New York City. It was easy, breezy, comfortable and best of all, I felt so cute!
I paired the dress with my new favorite red heels and a red faux leather jacket. But, truthfully, the possibilities are endless with such a classic piece.
How would you style this dress? Let me know in the comments!
Photography by @M76Photo
This past weekend, I was in New York City to work with news outlet, Mic, on a self-love and body positivity campaign for Dove. In it, I talk about being a queer femme of color and what Pride means to me. I’m excited to share the final product with you.
I also had the chance to speak with real women about what this year’s Pride theme “Defiantly Different” means to them and what #RealBeauty really is. Check out the interviews on my Instagram (posted on 6/25).
Here are a couple of behind-the-scenes photos from the day.
Happy Pride, babes!
Thank you to Macy‘s for sponsoring this post.
It feels like I’m perpetually on the hunt for crisp white jeans. You know, the kind of perfectly white jeans you can pair with a fab top and wear to Sunday brunch. Mid rise. Well-made. Not see-through. Comfortable. Stylish.
Know the feeling?
If so, you can imagine my excitement when I found these straight-leg jeans by Tommy Hilfiger Plus at Macy‘s . They’re perfect for a classic, casual summer weekend look. You can pair them with your favorite statement top like this polka dot blouse I’m wearing. Or florals, stripes, animal print or or or…the combinations are truly endless.
They’re incredibly well-made with some stretch for extra comfort and wearability. They’re my new go-to pair of jeans when I want to look put together without any hassle. And, best of all, I can tell that they’ll last forever!
Check out Macy’s for your one-stop fashion destination and pick up anything you need to put the finishing touches on your look. Visit Macy’s for stylish plus size clothing and come back to share your #MacysLove!
This is the second part of a two part series. To read the first 10 tips for staying positive, click here.
Feeling down in the dumps, here are 10 more suggestions to get you back on track and feeling good again:
- Choose happiness. Happiness truly is a choice, so choose happy at every turn possible. When you start to feel your mood slipping, try and redirect your focus to something positive that will give you good feels. I’ve tried this trick and while it may seem silly or simple, it can really help.
- Move more. Even if you can’t peel yourself off of the couch or you’re ready to hit the gym, just move. Heck, you can start by grabbing a water bottle and raising your arm a few times to get your blood pumping. When you’re ready for more, do a few jumping jacks or pushups. And if you’re really motivated,
- Eat clean. Food truly is medicine. If your diet is full of crappy foods, you’ll likely feel crappy. If you’ve been in the dumps for a while, a change in your diet can make a huge difference. Give it a try, it can’t hurt.
- Mange your environment. Post positive affirmations in subtle (or not so subtle) places if that’s your thing. Fill your environment with what makes you happy.
- Listen to your favorite song. Speaking of managing your environment, music is a huge help. Create a playlist for your not-so-happy days and fill it with songs that’ll make you smile.
- Give/get a hug. I can’t argue the importance of physical touch enough. Hugs are so good for your health. I can tell when I haven’t had a hug in a while…I just feel meh. So, hug your friends, family, partner or anyone who’s down. A hug can go a long way.
- Find a pet or baby to love on. There’s a reason why people own pets. Having a dog has transformed my life in so many ways. Even on days when I’m not in the greatest mood, Valentino is right there wagging his tail, wanting to love me. (Really, how great are pets!?) Better yet, go on a walk or a hike where you can enjoy seeing your dog (or other people’s dogs) getting their entire LIFE. It’ll give you life too. 🙂
- Treat yo’ self. Love pampering? Go get a mani-pedi. On a budget? Do your own! Whatever it is you love, treat yo’ self and give yourself what you love most. You deserve it.
- Create a nighttime routine. Just like a morning routine, a nighttime routine will allow you to unwind and can add balance to your day. This is also a good time to prepare for the next day so when you wake up, you know exactly what you need to do.
- Check things off. Make a to do (or, “to choose”) list and cross each item off your list. Feeling productive can turn any bad mood around.When you’re feeling stuck, the best thing to do is to take action. DO something. Anything.
The most important thing to remember is you’re not alone. Everyone has bad days, weeks, months…But, things will get better. They always do! I promise. <3
So, what are your tips for staying positive? Share them in the comments below! I can’t wait to read what you write. 🙂
I hope this my suggestions help you push through a rough patch should you have one. (Why not bookmark this page? Your future self will thank you!)
Thank you to Parfait Lingerie for sponsoring this post as part of their #PerfectFigure campaign. Here, I’m wearing the Tess Unlined Underwire Bra and the Tess Hipster Panty both in Bare (linked images below).
The bra features 95% modal cups, adjustable shoulder straps, sheer lace detail, a hook-and-eye closure and an accent bow at the center front. It’s luxuriously soft and one of my favorite bras from Parfait Lingerie!