This is the second part of a two part series. To read the first 10 tips for staying positive, click here.
Feeling down in the dumps, here are 10 more suggestions to get you back on track and feeling good again:
- Choose happiness. Happiness truly is a choice, so choose happy at every turn possible. When you start to feel your mood slipping, try and redirect your focus to something positive that will give you good feels. I’ve tried this trick and while it may seem silly or simple, it can really help.
- Move more. Even if you can’t peel yourself off of the couch or you’re ready to hit the gym, just move. Heck, you can start by grabbing a water bottle and raising your arm a few times to get your blood pumping. When you’re ready for more, do a few jumping jacks or pushups. And if you’re really motivated,
- Eat clean. Food truly is medicine. If your diet is full of crappy foods, you’ll likely feel crappy. If you’ve been in the dumps for a while, a change in your diet can make a huge difference. Give it a try, it can’t hurt.
- Mange your environment. Post positive affirmations in subtle (or not so subtle) places if that’s your thing. Fill your environment with what makes you happy.
- Listen to your favorite song. Speaking of managing your environment, music is a huge help. Create a playlist for your not-so-happy days and fill it with songs that’ll make you smile.
- Give/get a hug. I can’t argue the importance of physical touch enough. Hugs are so good for your health. I can tell when I haven’t had a hug in a while…I just feel meh. So, hug your friends, family, partner or anyone who’s down. A hug can go a long way.
- Find a pet or baby to love on. There’s a reason why people own pets. Having a dog has transformed my life in so many ways. Even on days when I’m not in the greatest mood, Valentino is right there wagging his tail, wanting to love me. (Really, how great are pets!?) Better yet, go on a walk or a hike where you can enjoy seeing your dog (or other people’s dogs) getting their entire LIFE. It’ll give you life too. 🙂
- Treat yo’ self. Love pampering? Go get a mani-pedi. On a budget? Do your own! Whatever it is you love, treat yo’ self and give yourself what you love most. You deserve it.
- Create a nighttime routine. Just like a morning routine, a nighttime routine will allow you to unwind and can add balance to your day. This is also a good time to prepare for the next day so when you wake up, you know exactly what you need to do.
- Check things off. Make a to do (or, “to choose”) list and cross each item off your list. Feeling productive can turn any bad mood around.When you’re feeling stuck, the best thing to do is to take action. DO something. Anything.
The most important thing to remember is you’re not alone. Everyone has bad days, weeks, months…But, things will get better. They always do! I promise. <3
So, what are your tips for staying positive? Share them in the comments below! I can’t wait to read what you write. ????
I hope this my suggestions help you push through a rough patch should you have one. (Why not bookmark this page? Your future self will thank you!)
Thank you to Parfait Lingerie for sponsoring this post as part of their #PerfectFigure campaign. Here, I’m wearing the Tess Unlined Underwire Bra and the Tess Hipster Panty both in Bare (linked images below).
The bra features 95% modal cups, adjustable shoulder straps, sheer lace detail, a hook-and-eye closure and an accent bow at the center front. It’s luxuriously soft and one of my favorite bras from Parfait Lingerie!