“I love your stuff, but you don’t make my size.” — Jahn Hall (and just about every plus size person at one point or another)
Hi friends! How are you holding up? Did my post on the importance of self-love during the COVID-19 pandemic and quarantine ring true for you? Are you finding ways to enjoy this time rather than complain about it? I certainly hope so!
Out of sheer boredom (and because my friends have told me to do so for years), I created an Instagram account (@thebabyvalentino) for my chihuahua-pomeranian fur baby, Valentino. Take a look and follow if you love cute things! 🙂
Last weekend, I joined DapperQ’s Anita Dolce Vita, Dr. Van Bailey (Bklyn Boihood), Kay Ylanday Barrett and Jahn Hall in a virtual conversation about plus size inclusivity in queer fashion. So many great points were made! Here are a few takeaways:
- The majority of plus size fashion brands do not consider their LGBTQ+ customers.
- Most LGBTQ+ fashion brands do not offer extended sizing. (The same goes for sustainable fashion brands.)
- If you’re plus size and LGBTQ+, you will probably have to get creative if you want to look and feel like your best and most authentic self.
- Plus size LGBTQ+ folks shouldn’t have to work so hard just to feel good in the clothing they wear!
- Brands need to do better!