“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” — Maya Angelou
These wise words couldn’t be more true at a time like this. I’m reading that this quarantine could last as long as 18 months. Yes, 18…months! Even though the thought of staying indoors (just my dog and me) sounds daunting, I’m so very ready to take on this challenge. I’m kind of looking forward to it, actually.
Like a lot of people, 2019 was incredibly difficult for me. Still, I’m grateful to have gone through it because it’s taught me so much about myself. I’ve come to realize I’m resilient beyond belief and stronger than I could have ever imagined. Without my struggles last year, I’d never know how brave and capable I am. 2019 showed me that while I love people, I don’t need anyone. We’re born alone and we’ll die alone, so it’s important to know we can thrive without help, too.
I will always figure out a way to make the most of my situation and right now is no exception. And I truly believe that you can too! There is absolutely nothing we can do about this quarantine except getting our hearts and minds right about what this will mean for the next unknown number of months.
My plan, for the foreseeable future, is to really dig deep and work on my stuff. Like most people, I’ve got unresolved issues with people in my life and trauma I have yet to work through. While I’m quarantined, my plan is to make my home a safe space even more than it already is. Here are some of the things I have already started moving on:
- I’ve already invested in a foldable stationary bike because I’m ready to start moving again and I plan to dust off my resistance bands and workout DVDs because I want to get in tip top shape and physical health.
- I’m planning to reach into my massive library and pull out some cookbooks, too.
- Now is the finally the time to learn how to grocery shop strategically and cook delicious meals at home.
- I want to finally clean out my closets and purge what I don’t need. (The extra money from selling unwanted clothes will be a big help, too.)
- I’m also committing to continuing with my meditation practice and get in touch with spirit. I’ve enjoyed becoming more spiritual over the past year and really want to keep it up.
- I also plan to get back to writing more — like here on this blog, but also getting started on writing my first book, something I’ve wanted to do for a long time.
This quarantine doesn’t have to be a bad thing. We just have to make some adjustments and roll with the punches as they inevitable come. There really are so many blessings to be grateful for, even during chaotic and frightening times like these. Please believe me when I say you are stronger than you think.
I’m really excited to use this period (however long it lasts) to continue my evolution and transformation and to continue practicing self-love and self-care. If ever there was a time to do it, it’s now. I honestly feel like this is my season to be a caterpillar in a cocoon. 🐛
Let’s all lean on our inner resources and focus on doing the work we need to do in order to become the butterflies we’re destined to become. 🦋✨
💖 We truly are in this together.
How are you staying positive during this strange moment in time? What are you going to work on?
Love and health to you and yours.
Please note: These photos are from my archives. I have been safe and quarantined indoors for quite a while.
Coat: Amazon | Jeans: Lane Bryant | Bag: Ross | Shoes: Gift